Formula One 2009 Season KMZ file

Following last years F1 Google Earth dataset … here’s one for 2009.

Formula One - 2009 Season

(Network feed which will be enhanced/amended as the season progresses - just click Refresh in GE for latest copy)

Similar to the previous one but all circuits updated and now with added Touring.

Hope you like it - comments welcome :)

Content

Constructors

Headquarters of the Teams, their Drivers and Livery

GrandPrixs

Location, Corners and Links
Circuit Overlays for all Circuits - switched on by default for those which lack imagery.

Tours (Google Earth 5 required)

In-Car Tours
Full - One off lap with Start lights
Simple - No pause/build up - suitable for looping

Dbl-click Tour or select and Play

Links

Links to various Official websites and relevent Wikipedia pages where you see the Wiki logo

This entry was posted in General and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

10 Comments

1. Posted April 1, 2009 at 4:21 am | Permalink

Great Job keep up the good work!!!!

2. Romyn
    Posted April 2, 2009 at 12:33 am | Permalink

Thanks David - glad you like it.

Hopefully I’ll be adding some more Tours soon - but each one should be there before each Grand Prix at the latest.

3. Posted April 4, 2009 at 11:24 am | Permalink

Great info thanks very much for sharing.

4. Romyn
    Posted April 25, 2009 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

Tour for Bahrain added.

Also got featured on Frank Taylor’s Google Earth Blog

How pleased am I :)

Other Tours will be added as soon as I get time.

5. Posted May 8, 2009 at 12:01 am | Permalink

any updates coming ?

6. Romyn
    Posted May 8, 2009 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

Trying to get updates done in time for each GP - and at the moment that’s “just-in-time” as I’m really busy :(

However Tour for this weekends Spainish GP added.

(GE bug still exists where if Terrain is switched on the Car tends to fly. Nothing I can do until Google fix the problem so for now Tours are best viewed with Terrain Off)

7. Brawn fan
    Posted May 21, 2009 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

Even if GE does not go into tunnels, the terrain of Monaco will be fun to simulate driving. I set the option to 3 for vertical exageration. Thank you but don’t work too hard.

8. Romyn
    Posted May 21, 2009 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

… I better get the Tour for Monaco written then ;) - I’ll try and get it done tonight/tomorrow.

(as mentioned before though - unfortunately there is a bug in GE which means the Tours don’t work correctly with Terrain turned on as the car sometimes leaves the ground. See 2nd post in this thread

I’ll post again regarding this on the GE boards and try and find out whether there is any solution yet)

9. Posted November 3, 2009 at 8:40 pm | Permalink

You did a great job. I enjoy this kml file.
    Exist files for the previous years? If yes where can I find it.

10. Romyn
    Posted November 4, 2009 at 2:17 am | Permalink

Thanks :)
    I’m a bit behind on GE imagery changes and haven’t managed to do Tours for the last few races but hopefully I’ll find the time to do that before next season. Would also like to do it in the GE plugin but will want to find a sponsor for that before committing too much time.

As for previous years - only last year I think - although I’m not sure if the wiki links will point to the right place. A link to that file can be found on the Google Earth Community at

See you next season - and if you’re a runner, skier or biker have a look at my current project at http://RaceMyRace.com

Romyn

One Trackback

1. [...] se ha enamorado del KML. Además, parece que es un fanático de la Fórmula 1 por lo que ha lanzado un archivo KML que realmente ayuda a visualizar la temporada 2009 de la Fórmula 1. Pueden [...]